This post may have affiliate links. If you click one of these links and make a purchase, we will be paid a commission at no additional cost to you.
These Halloween spider web cupcakes are just the cuteset ever! If you are going to a Halloween party, bringing Halloween cupcakes are a great idea and these with the super webs on them are fun!
Bonus – they are super easy to make!
It just takes boxed cake mix, frosting, and some cute plastic bugs or spiders to decorate the top.
For ease and time savings, this recipe calls for a boxed cake mix and tubs of pre-made frosting, but you can always make your own Halloween spider web cupcakes from scratch. Or the frosting. Or both.
Or for an even easier and quicker time making these, buy some store-bought cupcakes and decorate those.
Make these easy spider web cupcakes in any flavor you want. If your kiddo loves spiced cupcakes, by all means, make it this way! Or make half the cupcakes one vanilla-flavored cupcakes and the other half chocolate cupcakes.
My sister and I each liked different flavors growing up. Her favorite was chocolate – the more chocolatey the better. Mine was vanilla. We had many pieces of cake we shared. One of us would eat the frosting and the other would eat the cake. We each got the flavor we wanted by doing it this way.
Ingredients for Spiderweb Cupcakes
1 box of chocolate cake mix, any brand + ingredients
1 tub of white frosting
1 tub of chocolate frosting
24 cupcake liners
Small sandwich baggy
Small plastic spiders and insects
How to Make Spiderweb Cupcakes:
- Start by lining 2 12ct cupcake pans with your cupcake liners.
- Make the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Now you want to frost the cupcakes generously with the white frosting.
- Use about 1/2 cup of the chocolate frosting and place into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds or until the frosting is soft. If you don’t have a microwave, you can use a water bath on your stove to heat it up.
- Add the warmed frosting to a small sandwich bag and snip a corner off the bag.
- Using the frosting baggy, squeeze gently and add 3-4 frosting rings on the top of the cupcake.
- Starting at the center ring, carefully and gently drag a toothpick to the outer edge of the cupcake. Do this several times around the top of the cupcake to resemble a spider web.
- Do this with each of your cupcakes.
- Add a plastic spider or bug on top of the cupcakes.
*Makes approximately 24 Spider Web Cupcakes